Instrumental makes intelligent data-driven tools that help product companies find and fix issues on their assembly lines. We are working to improve the manufacturing of millions of things each day. We value diversity and our team is collaborative, supportive, transparent, and pun-tastic. Join us to modernize manufacturing!
What you'll do
The Account Executive will work directly with Instrumental’s CEO and one other AE in a small tiger team to iterate on our sales process and to grow our enterprise customer base. We are looking for an experienced candidate who is familiar with multiple aspects of full-cycle customer acquisition - taking a marketing lead through to a signed contract. In this role, you will help to refine the stories we tell and the activities we perform during this process.
Instrumental’s customers produce physical products, and our discussions with prospective customers often dive into technical aspects of their manufacturing challenges. While prior exposure to manufacturing or mechanical engineering is not required, it is at least helpful, and if you don’t have prior exposure you should be prepared to learn rapidly.
Example activities could include:
- Working with a prospect to design a strategy for getting the most value out of Instrumental’s tools in their organization
- Meeting with potential customers via phone, video conference, or in person, to tell our story, present a demo, learn about their pain points, and qualify the audience
- Collecting information from a likely customer that we need in order to present a proposal and design a deployment strategy
- Contacting inbound or outbound leads to set up meetings
- Reviewing and suggesting collateral that can be presented to and shared with potential customers in order to convince them of the value of our products
- Suggesting and implementing ideas to build into our sales playbook
- Working with Marketing to optimize qualifying and handing off leads
- Identifying tactics and verticals that are working or not working for us
We’re looking for someone who
- Tells stories amazingly well
- Wants to work on multiple aspects of the sales process -- full cycle sales!
- Can figure out priorities and actions when there is not a well-defined playbook
- Enjoys the energy of a small team
- Appreciates the need to iterate rapidly to find what works in a startup environment
- Has developed sales craft through an official sales training program at a large company and at least 3 years of B2B direct sales experience
- Has first or second sales hire experience at a B2B startup -- please reference in your intro message
- Has previously developed or evolved sales processes
- Manufacturing and/or engineering experience or exposure is a plus -- if no background, then has a proven track-record of learning and getting up to speed very quickly.
- All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.